Thursday, January 23, 2020

Hurry Home


The soul is willing, but the body is week.  
I know this to be true.  
For I am willing to wait till the ends of time,
to reconcile with you.  

My soul desires oneness,
and my heart desires peace.    
I dream of the time long from now,
when we live in harmony.  

I see your struggle all too clear,
but I don’t know if it will change.  
Am I waiting for a shadow,
that will never fully come to shape?   

I don’t know if you want me
…if you’re proud of who I am.  
I don’t know if you desire my body,
or speak kindly to my name.  

I am not sure what forever means to you,
Or if "forever" this time will last.
Will you forever scan for her?
Or "forever" seek a new mold to cast? 

Sometimes I wonder:
Who is out there now, waiting just for me?  
Who will love me fully and forever and complete?  
Who will take my children, and love them just like me? 

I need to feel hands on me and a deep embracing kiss.  
I need to tell my plans to him and together hope and wish.  
I need to be the only one who occupies his heart.  
I need to work together and not slowly grow apart.  
I need to rest in his strong arms and know that I am safe.  
I need to trust my kids with him and see so clearly his strong faith.  

My soul will continue waiting…
I cannot be sure how long.  
My strength is now wavering,
my will no longer strong.  

Every day I feel the fire burning
with a flame that strengthens still.  
A hunger for eyes that see through my soul
and hands the storm does still. 

Not to feed that unquenchable desire
is a practice of the will

…so please…oh please,
would you hurry home?  
Hurry back to me.  
To the life you knew so well,
but one now fully overflowing with love from thee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment