Friday, January 17, 2020

The Deepest Cut


Despair
1/16/2020
Chasing the wind
Slipping through my fingers
I grasp and claw
I draw in with a long but shallow breath
I search but I cannot see
Like a ghost, it brushes past my shoulder
Chills rise up and pass through my hollow body
It whispers in my ear…loss, failure, death
I slink cautiously through the shadows
Not aware of the path, not able to see the ground veiled in mist
I fall and clasp my knees to my chest
I am home

Hope
1/17/2020
Your hands hold me
Your feet run to my side
I feel your comforter near
My eyes are blinded
My body frozen in place
But there is a voice in the wind
I turn my head to listen
To find you through the mist
A whisper of hope in the distance
I wait for only you to come and pull me from this place

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment